Welcome friends! My intention with this blog is just to have a space where I can post pictures of the projects I'm working on and explain what I'm up to. I can't promise to be consistent or particularly insightful, but I will try to be honest and show you what I can of my so called life. Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The new, old bedroom part 1

Well, I knew I would be a slacker.  With the blog, that is.  I've actually been working almost full time on my project, but it's the posting that's lagging.  Here's the first installment of my story on refurbishing my old bedroom.

Growing up, I loved my room.  It was a little, south facing, gabled room that was the warmest place to be in the winter.  I also adored that it happened to be a room in a house that was white with green trim.  I lived in Green Gables!  When I was old enough to make a decision on wall treatments, I chose wallpaper with pink, yellow, green and blue pastel hearts.  Good choice.  Well, unfortunately the idea of stripping the wallpaper to redecorate proved too daunting for my parents and I, so I went all the way through high school with the same juvenile walls.  When I finally got up the ambition to strip the wall paper after my freshman year of college, I got about 3/4 the way finished and that's the way it remained for the last nine years.

My mom would like the room as her crafting and sewing sanctuary, but she's going to have to find some serious storage solutions before that's a reality.  I wouldn't say she's a pack rat, but I am sometimes surprised at some of the things that are still kicking around.  Here are some of the before pictures:

 The last vestiges of the old wall paper

The door wasn't painted properly, so the paint is just coming off in strips.  It's SOOO satisfying!



Look at all the delights that were hiding under the wallpaper- tons of settling cracks!

 You do see the cuteness potential though, don't you?




No comments:

Post a Comment