Welcome friends! My intention with this blog is just to have a space where I can post pictures of the projects I'm working on and explain what I'm up to. I can't promise to be consistent or particularly insightful, but I will try to be honest and show you what I can of my so called life. Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Marmoleum

The Marmoleum went down very smoothly.  My plywood template was spot on and the Marmoleum was actually a lot easier to handle than the (less than premium grade) vinyl I am used to.  The only complaint I have is that the Forbo adhesive that's made for Marmoleum is insanely sticky.  I'm sure that's a good thing when it comes to the quality of the adhesion, but unlike the vinyl adhesive I've used in the past, it doesn't wash off with warm water!  It just turns into a sticky, snotty mess and I'm still peeling it off, bit by bit, 24 hours later.




So that's what it looks like now.  The color is actually a bit more orange in real life.  It kind of has golden wood tones, so I've been trying to decide on some colors that would look good on the wall.  Because of the tile, the windows, the door and the mirror, the actual amount of painted wall that will be visible is very small. 

What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment